Wednesday 26 May 2010

Dodging the lightening

We had a late task today but were flying inbetween Cu-minbs that were raining. I did really well out in the front gaggle but made a slower route decision. The guys who took the big mountains flew straight line, while we were climbing thermals to maintain altitude. Russ overtook me on his mountain line and as I was gliding into goal 1k away (second Brit) they canned the task for safety reasons. Because the task was a lapsed time task, they can not score it so it all has to be binned.
Although it was a bit rough and dangerous, I enjoyed the flight and am happy with my speed of flying and the wing. As we landed the heavens opened and the lightening began striking everywhere. It was too close a call and should have been binned way earlier.
Weather looks poor for next few days so we'll have to see how things pan out.

1 comment:

  1. I am pleased I am not there,all the best for the rest of the comp lets hope its only one stupid task

    ReplyDelete