Monday 24 May 2010

Rough skies over Austria



Flew a practise task today.50k...but as I took off, my helmet fell off!!!
Had to fly down the mountain and bottom land, so I didn't have time to fly entire the task.
Got back up the ski lift and Calvo handed me my lid!! joined the gaggle for the second half of the task.
It was rough and horrid, one reserve was thrown by Spaniard Larry Pino and plenty blow outs occured.
Russ was going real quick, he crossed the line first. Kirsty flew her wing for the first time, loves it!!

Back at Abtenua, we rushed to eat, gave up on doing downloads (the queue was too slow)
I had to be flag bearer during the procession. We had to dress in our team gear and take the flag up on stage etc. We will leave you with the two pictures and you can decide who were the crazy local dancers and who are the World class Paragliding Team :-)
Now back at our house after a long hard day and ready for some well earned sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment